Helpful Tips for a Smooth Handover
Please take 5 minutes to read the Handover checklist as it can save you time when cars are exchanged. We will endeavour to make the handover within 15 mins, but in some cases it may take longer.
- The handover will usually take 15-30 mins
- Please ensure that your car is clean enough for us to check for any non-accident damage, especially small scratches and dents. You will have to sign a damage disclaimer if your car is too dirty for us to detect minor existing damage. (Car Spa Hand Car Wash is available at the entrance of our lane)
- You will need your Driving License (as proof you can legally drive)
- We require details of a Credit/Debit card (Details taken as security e.g. parking fine)
- You must have adequate insurance (If insuring the c/car yourself, we will need a copy of a cover note for temporary comprehensive cover)
- Is there Enough fuel in your car for delivery and collection
- Have you removed Child seats,(staff not permitted to remove child seats) Parking permits, Money, Phone charger, Sat Nav, Sunglasses etc..
- Have you removed your house keys off of your car keys
- Only the insured or a named driver can sign for a c/car
- On our insurance, only the person signing can drive the c/car and you will need to produce the DVLA code for us to check your license for penalty points and convictions. Click here to obtain license information
- Tell us if you are planning to go away during repairs to your car (24 Hour c/car returns policy)
- Your insurance company expects a duty of care to be shown towards any replacement vehicle lent to you. Any infringment can lead to your courtesy car being confiscated and you will liable for any costs incurred.
- Signing our agreement form is your acceptance of our terms and conditions. You can read them prior to the handover, online here, or download our courtesy car terms & conditions, and our Handover Checklist as a pdf file below.
Terms & Conditions