Helpful Tips for a Smooth Handover
Please take 5 mins to read the check list as this may save you valuable time when it comes to collecting a courtesy car or dropping off your car for repair. We will endeavour to make the handover within 15 mins, but it may take longer in some cases.
- The handover will usually take 15-30 mins
- Please ensure that your car is clean enough for us to check for any non accident damage, especailly small scratches and dents. You may be have to sign a damage disclaimer if your car is dirty. (Car Spa Hand Car Wash is available at the entrance of our lane)
- Driving License (as proof you can legally drive)
- Credit/Debit card (Details taken as security e.g. parking fine)
- Adequate insurance (we need a copy of a cover note for temporary comprehensive cover if insuring the c/car yourself)
- Is there Enough fuel in your car for delivery and collection
- Have you removed Child seats,(staff not permitted to remove child seats) Parking permits, Phone charger, Sat Nav, Sunglasses etc..
- Have you removed your house keys off of your car keys
- Only the insured or a named driver can sign for a c/car
- On our insurance, only the person signing can drive the c/car and you will need to produce the DVLA code for us to check your license for penalty points and convitions.
- Tell us if you are planning to go away during repairs to your car (24 Hour c/car returns policy)
- Your insurance company expects a duty of care to be shown towards any replacement vehicle lent to you. Any infringment can lead to your courtesy car being confiscated and you will liable for any costs incurred.
- Please Read our Terms and Conditions before signing for a courtesy car. Signing our paperwork is your acceptance of our terms and conditions. You can read them prior to the handover online here, or download them as a pdf file here.
Managing Director. Mr. Philip Rawlingson